MagicINFO allows you to set up an automatic password policy for your users and let them use 2FA.
When you have multiple users working with MagicINFO and you wish to have this more secured regarding the password of your users, you can set up a policy that will automatically ask your users to change their passwords after a set period.
Next to that MagicINFO has the possibility to use 2FA.
We advise using difficult passwords consisting of a combination of characters, numbers and symbols. Another option is to use a pass-sentence. A good way for your users to keep track of their passwords is using a password manager.
MagicINFO has the following password requirements:
- Between 10 to 50 alphanumeric characters.
- Combination of letters, numbers, and symbols.
As server administrator you can set this up as follows:
- Go to Settings>Server management>Server settings>Password policy
- Password Expiration Period: Set the period after when a user must generate a new password.
NOTE: When choosing custom you must set a value.
- Prevent Password Re-use: This will prevent users to use an already used password.
- Password Change after login: When an admin or server admin has changed a password for a user and the user will log in with these credentials, the user will be prompted to change the password.
- Two-Step Verification (OTP): This will enable 2FA which prompts the user to set up their authenticator app after logging in for the first time.